Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goldstrike by Matt Whyman

Title: Goldstrike

Author: Matt Whyman


Publisher: Simon and Schuster, 2009


Rating: A


Suspect: Carl Hobbes
Description: Eighteen-year-old male wanted by the CIA for threatening national security.


Details: Responsible for outbreak at Camp Twilight, which resulted in the deaths of several military personnel and terror suspects. The detainee escaped and has not been seen since. Suspect is a skilled hacker, capable of manipulating and taking control of national security systems.


Current Whereabouts: Unknown


Threat Level: High


As soon as I picked up this book, and read the inside cover, I was hooked! It took me less than 24 hours to read the book because I could not put it down! Carl Hobbes is an eighteen year old that is wanted by several countries for robbery and breaking into national security. He gets a job at a high-profile security firm hoping that his identity will be hidden because no one will suspect that he will work in a job with security. The chapters alternate between Hobbes and the people hired to track down Hobbes.


Part way through reading the book, I realized that it was the second book in the series. When this happens, I usually stop reading the book because I start to get lost because I miss major parts of the story. Thankfully, this was not the case with Goldstrike. I could follow what was happening and did not feel like I was left not understanding parts of the development of the plot. I have already requested Icecore, which is the prequal to Goldstrike, from my local library. I am very excited to read it!


loved the book from the first page, which is why I rate the book an A. If you are looking for a fun read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, Goldstrike is definitely one you will want to read!


Happy reading!


Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment