Thursday, August 11, 2011

Exodus by Julie Bertagna



Title: Exodus



Author: Julie Bertagna



Publisher: Walker and Company, 2002



Rating: B-



Mara lives in a world that is slowly being destroyed. It is the year 2100 and all of the ice has melted, which leads all low lying land to be completely consumed by water. Mara's small island of Wing is being flooded as well. Mara knows that there are sky cities where people are safe from the ever increasing water. Mara knows that the only way to save her family and friends is to get to one of those sky cities. This will be one of the biggest challenges Mara has faced in her short life.


I love dystopian books, so this was right up my alley. Unfortunately, this was not as good as other dystopian books I have read. The plot developed slowly, which caused me to not enjoy reading it as much as other books. There were some fast moving parts, but others just dragged. I always like reading about how some people view the future world. This is the first time that I have read a dystopian book that has based its plot on the threat of global warming. Exodus is the first in a trilogy about Mara and her people. I give this book a B- because it picked up very slowly and did not always hold my attention. I do recommend this book to all dystopian lovers out there!

Happy reading!

Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment