Wednesday, February 15, 2012

REVIEW: Climb or Die by Edward Myers


Title: Climb or Die
Author: Edward Myers
Source: Library
Grade: B+

Summery:
When traveling through a snowstorm, in the Colorado Rockies, the Darcy family crashes into a tree. The parents are injured, but siblings Danielle and Jake are unharmed. It is then up to them to find help. They decide that the quickest way to help is by climbing Mount Remington to get help from the weather station at the top of the mountain. Danielle and Jake must work together if they want to save their parents.

Review:
I usually enjoy survival stories. They are usually cliffhangers that keep you on the edge of your seat. This book definitely delivers. Danielle and Jake decide that climbing a mountain would be quicker than walking the 20 miles to the interstate. During several parts of the book I thought they might not make it. They must use some quick decisions and work together to survive. It was a very quick read and it kept me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. I really liked that the adventure started out from almost the first page of the book. There was no long build up to the accident. The only down side was that it was slightly predictable. Even when the book was trying to convince me that they would never reach help, I knew in the back of my mind that they would have to, or the story would be over. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good adventure story!

Happy Reading!
Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment