Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review: Don't Disappear Part 2

Title: Don't Disappear Part 2: The Betweenism
Author: Nina Guest
Source:  Review
Grade: B-

This is the second book in the series about Vicka Zotova. Check out my review for the first book here!

Review
This book picks up where book 1 leaves off. Vicka has made it back to Russia but has changed her name to Danna, as well as her children's names so that she can live peacefully. While finally free from slavery, Danna must make the hard transition back into normal life. She must decide where to live, how to make money, how to keep her children fed, etc... Danna struggles with this and one bad thing after another continues to hit her. Every time she thinks she has finally got back on her feet, something else is thrown at her. It is a tough life, but Danna is thankful to be free and with her children.

I must admit I did not like this book as much as part 1. The plot did not pull me in, like in the first book. It just seemed like one bad think after another kept happening to Danna. She also goes through many, many husbands. I actually lost count and kept getting confused who she was married to. There were parts of the story that kept me on the edge of my seat, but mostly I was bored. I also wish that Nina Guest had included more interactions between Danna and her children throughout the book. I felt that there was way to much about Danna's many husbands and I would have been more interested reading about Danna and her kids. Overall I gave the book a B- because I did like that the book picked up right where the first one left off and it did hold my attention for some of it. I believe that Nina will be publishing at least two more books on this series, so stayed tuned!

Happy reading!
Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment