Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Review: Night of the Purple Moon

Title: Night of the Purple Moon
Author: Scott Cramer
Source: Review from Author
Grade: A+

Review
 This book completely blew me away. Abby lives on a small island with her dad and brothers.When the Earth passes through the tail of a comet, everyone that has reached puberty gets very sick and dies.  Abby finds herself alone with her brother and younger sister with no idea what to do. She and other children survivors must figure out how to survive together.

This was a quick and suspenseful read.  The story is a mix between the Gone series by Micheal Grant and Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer. When I read the synopsis for  Night of the Purple Moon I wondered if it was going to join the ranks of the above mentioned books. I can say that it definitely delivered! Cramer's writings made sure to keep the reader of their toes. Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, the plot would switch to something unexpected. The character of Abby grew from a typical teenager to someone who had to learn to take charge to keep her family and friends alive and well. The end of the book is a cliffhanger so I am wondering if Cramer will write a second book.The one thing I did not like about the book is the cover. Other than an obvious purple moon, I did not understand the rest of this picture. It looks like a werewolf/ vampire is about to attack. I think the cover had absolutely nothing to o with the book. If you love dystopian literature, then this book is a must read. You will not be disappointed! You can read more about eh book and Scoot Cramer at his website.

Happy Reading!
Bookaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment